13/07/2016 0 Comments
How to Save Money on Your Water Bill
No matter how you look at it, conserving water just makes sense; you’ll not only be saving money on plumbing bills, but you’ll be doing your part to help the environment. By taking the time to adopt and implement a few simple measures at home, you’ll be able to lower your monthly water bill and help conserve this previous resource.
Ways to save
Here are some practical and helpful tips to help you save money on your water bill.
- Repair any leaky kitchen or bathroom faucets you have in your home. Something as simple as a worn-out washer can waste hundreds of gallons of water per year.
- If you can, take a shower instead of a bath. The amount of gallons you’ll need to fill your bathtub is considerably more than what you’ll use when showering.
- Try to keep your showers short and sweet; the more time you spend showering, the more gallons of water you’ll use. Low-flow shower heads will also cut your water use in half, so consider replacing or updating your older model with one.
- Avoid needlessly running the faucet when brushing your teeth, washing your hands or shaving. These menial tasks can waste hundreds of gallons of water per month.
- Low-flow toilets use fewer gallons per flush than their predecessors. Also, putting bottles filled with gravel, sand or water in the tank will displace the water, thereby requiring less water to fill it once it’s been flushed.
- Running your dishwasher uses less water than washing your dishes by hand, so let it do the dirty work for you. Just make sure to run it with a full load and don’t pre-wash the dishes beforehand.
- Keeping your drinking water in the fridge is way more practical—and convenient—than running the tap to get cold water.
- When doing your laundry, wash your clothes in cold water and only put in full loads. Similarly, a high-efficiency washing machine will cut the amount of water used in half, making it a much more efficient and cost-effective choice.
- Use barrels to capture and collect rainwater from downspouts and gutters. You’ll be able to use it to wash your car or to water your garden and plants.
Your Calgary plumbing professionals
At Electric Eel Sewer & Drain Specialists, we know how much of a headache a clogged drain can be. That’s why we pride ourselves on providing our residential, commercial and industrial clients with quality, reliable and timely drain cleaning and plumbing services. Regardless of your problem, we’ll have the solution. Contact us if you need immediate repairs or would like to schedule a routine maintenance in Calgary today.